September 26, 2011

Dreamy Smoothies

"The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe." Proverbs 29:25

I love feeling secure in my Savior's presence. My life is in His hands completely, I have a constant guide and companion. This world is always trying to shake my trust in God, throwing challenges at me and distracting me from His peace. But the moment I open the bible I feel safe again, my path is made visible for me and I am no longer blind. Thank You, my Jesus! How I love Your Word on a Monday morning.  

 
I've been on a smoothie kick for over 7 days (for breakfast! Although I dream of making them my lunch, dinner, desserts, second desserts...etc), and I simply just can't get enough. Their sweet, rich, nutrient-packed, simple to make and filling. It's a delicious way to fuel up and recover after a hard workout, and a fantastic way to start the day. Grab a straw and slurp away, friends. 
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 8 oz water*
  • 2 handfuls kale
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • 2 tbsp wheat germ
  • 2 tbsp ground flax
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tbsp extra dark unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
*can also use coconut water (adds more potassium!), almond milk, rice milk or any liquid of choice 

Step 1: Blend
Step 2: Drink
Alternatives:
  • frozen honeydew melon + strawberries + banana
  • pitted dates, carob powder, double bananas
  • chocolate chia pudding, half block of tofu, spinach
Toppings I choose:
  • unsweetened shredded coconut
  • grapes
  • sunflower seeds, almonds
  • chocolate chia pudding
  • chia seeds, raisins
oh breakfast! Would you come over more often, please? 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. All of those look AMAZING!!! I love smoothies! I've never tried blending oats into mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I actually just tried blending oats into a smoothie today for the first time! It was really good!

    ReplyDelete