October 15, 2011

White Bean Hummus

To great lengths we go for a simple couch. We risk it all, we trust in string, it all seems, and looks, a bit sketchy. What can we do, but give the trip home to God? Leave it in His hands, His will be done. That, and, the simple task of driving home safely with a piece of furniture atop your truck's roof that weighs over 100kg. We got this. We got this.



I made a crazy delicious bean dip the other day. As it pureed in the food processor I swear it resembled silk, the creamiest texture you could image. Fluffy like egg whites, beaten 'till they look soft enough to sleep on. It all came about because I overcooked some cannellini beans. I couldn't slurp 'em in a soup, couldn't cook 'em in a stew, so I pureed the white beans with some herbs.

Recipe 100% inspired by Dreena Burton's in Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.


White Bean Hummus
  • 2 cups cannellini beans, cooked
  • 1 tbsp lemon (I used lime) juice
  • 2 tbsp tahini (omitted, no me gusta!)
  • 1 clove garlic, sliced (I used dry)
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tbsp water, to thin out if desired
  • 2-3 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (I used dry)
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (I used dry)
Throw everything into a food processor except water and herbs, puree until smooth and fluffy in appearance. Then thin out with water, if you wish (I did) and add herbs (stir to combine). By the way, she did mention not using dried herbs, but I did, and it was still wonderful. I can only imagine how marvelous the flavor would be with fresh herbs. So, listen to Dreena and invest in fresh greens!

PS: putting together a couch before showing or eating dinner (and it's now 6:00pm) is not an easy task. Eat, consider showering, and then tackle the new piece of furniture. Trust me.
 



 Success is so dang comfortable!

Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of men! And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of His deeds in songs of joy!  
Psalm 107:21-22

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this couch!! Christopher won't let me get a white couch (or comforter) because he's afraid he'll get it dirty, but I just love the look so much! I'm workin' on him... eventually I think he'll let me. ;)

    ReplyDelete