I honestly cannot get enough of this season. The leaves leave me speechless every morning I glance their way. We don't deserve to see such beauty on a daily basis, but I am so glad God allows us to take it all in! Praise be to Him for all of His creation and the ability to enjoy every bit of it! If only we could wrap a scarf around our necks, put on a thick coat, soft gloves, a pair of snug boots, and go for a day-long walk in Christ's presence, pushing pause for a moment during this crazy busy life. But alas, work calls our name. Responsibility lives on, and we all rely on a paycheck. My hope? Heaven including more pink, red, orange, yellow and green trees than I can fathom! Oh, Fall.
I had the most delicious lunch packed the other day, and I felt the need to share. I recently read about quinoa being a complete protein, since it is more a seed than a grain. I knew this guy was protein packed to high extremes, holding as much protein as many legumes and beans, but... it's complete? That's incredible! I have always paired it with tofu, or pinto beans, thinking I was doing my body exactly what it needs in order to supply the good stuff, and I didn't even have to! And so, I have a new discovery:
Red Cabbage Quinoa Stir Fry
with green beans and toasted nori
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 5 red cabbage leaves, cut into strips
- 1 cup green beans (I used frozen)
- 1-2 tsp Liquid Aminos
- 1.5 tsp Kelp Granules (fishy smell, wonderful taste!)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2-3 sheets toasted nori paper, cut into squares
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 cups broccoli, as a side
- Bring a pan to medium heat, drizzle with avocado oil
- Toss in the red cabbage, move around to coat, cover and cook 'till soft (4 mins or so)
- Add green beans, quinoa, liquid aminos and kelp granules, mix to coat, cover and let the flavors make some sweet lovin'
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, serve warm with roasted (or steamed) broccoli
- Keep your fork in the silverware drawer, grab your toasted nori and scoop up warm quinoa into that salivating mouth of yours.
It was perfect for lunch at work, and kept me full for hours. The flavors work wonderfully with each other, and you won't have to worry for even a minute about you and your protein - you're set! Now, go enjoy more of nature, would you?
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.