November 25, 2011

Sprouted Bean Trio

Since we got ourselves a nice casa, we have had the great pleasure of sharing it with friends and family. This means we had not only one, but THREE house-warming parties (work friends, family time, friends from all over) and that translates to: sharing food, receiving food as a gift, and eating incredible food together. It has been so much fun, and I have been stepping out of my comfort zone in throwing together brand new recipes for the masses.

Costco and my uncle. are amazing.


One of the gifts received, was a bag o' beans. But not just any type of bean's-in-a-bag, a very special bag. Costco has been turning into quite the Whole Foods wannabe with their selection - and making it a zillion times for affordable (and tempting!). So the temptation monster seemed to have grabbed the wrist of my uncle when he was strolling through the huge warehouse the other day, when he found himself buying a bag (or two?) or these:

Incredible, really. I mean, do you read that? SPROUTED BEANS! Many, many different beans (okay, three) and they cook in... drum roll... like two seconds! Correction: bring water to boil (x minutes long) then throw in your beans (boil for 5 minutes) then remove from heat and let them sit (15 mins) then EAT! Where else are you going to find such a treasure? Don't get canned beans, my friends, find yourself a bag o' the sprouts and dive into a bowl of proteins. To make things even more incredible: these babies were not only sprouted, but the makers then decided to dehydrate the sweet powerhouses, holding all of those delicious nutrients inside each bite! Gah, I just about lost it when I found these (in my hands). Sweet cheeks. on to the recipe!
1 cup sprouted bean trio
plus 3 cups h2o
plus a boiling water business, and a cooking, and a "let it sit for 15"
drain the water (nutrients?)
copy recipe from the back of the bag
Sprouted Bean Trio Salad
adapted from truRoots
serves 4 as a side
  • 1 cup sprouted bean trio business
  • 3 cups water
  • 2/3 cup freshly chopped parsley*
  • 1/2 cup diced cucumber, cut into mini-cubes
  • 2 green onions, chopped into bits
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon (or lime) juice
  • 1 pinch of cumin or chili powder
  1. Cook then beans (bowl them with h2o for 5 minutes on high heat, uncovered. Remove from heat and let them sit for 15 minutes.) 
  2. Drain and cool to room temperature
  3. Combine the beans with the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat
  4. Sprinkle with a hint of salt n' pepper
  5. Eat that delicious bowl cold, with a piece of toast and a huge massaged kale salad.
CONSUME AT RAPID SPEEDS!





Oh delights. All bean-talk aside, here's what's been truly satisfying me recently:


Put more energy into trusting Jesus and enjoying His presence. Connect your joy to His precious promises:


"I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
Romans 8:38-39


Behold, I am with you and will keep your wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.  
Genesis 28:15


And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
 Philippians 4:19"

2 comments:

  1. So, I honestly had no idea what "sprouted beans" were before this post, haha! Thanks for broadening my horizons a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO good!!! I honestly didn't know what spouted beans were... haha

    ReplyDelete