December 31, 2011

2011's Last 12K

Today marked a sweet day.
A day of:
  • Beautiful morning skies
  • God's Word filling me more than I had imagined it would at 8:00am
  • Breaking my personal best by three minutes (!!!) during a 12K run with my hubby at my side
  • A delicious smoothie for breakfast
  • A green juice for lunch
  • Us finally purchasing our own suitcases after 3 years of marriage and 2 trips to Mexico, one to Las Vegas and a dozen to random places around the U.S. while my husband embarked on business trips and the like
  • The movie A Bronx Tale
  • My first seed-pate on toasted Nori (sushi, friends!) 
  • A slice of almost-raw, deliciously vegan pumpkin pie - straight from the freezer. 
Let's enjoy the run, shall we? 
Two Saturday's ago 12K: 1:09:51
Last Saturday's 12K:        1:09:02
This morning's 12K:          1:06:50
I felt like I was flying.

my love bug. in other words: my pacer, my champion.
started with: 1 cup water, 15 almonds, 1 date, 1/4 cup oats: soaked for 15 minutes.
blended with: 2 bananas, 4 frozen strawberries, 1 handful frozen blueberries, 1 tsp vanilla
sprinkled with: puffed amaranth from Mexico!
cheezy sauce & sunflower seed pate from Gena @ Choosing Raw!
Running has never been easy for me. It has been fun, laid back, challenging, a test, unknown, slightly painful, sometimes emotional, "but-whyyyy?!?!" activity that I just can't seem to get enough of. I am, above all, so very thankful for the ability to move me' legs and share this with my hubby. I know that if God hadn't placed him in my life on May 21, 2006, I wouldn't have run my first 5K in February back in 2009, or even thought to tackle the big 13.1 twice and keep going even after having to stop my training because of two different running injuries. So, I'm just thankful for each kilometer, whether I break last week's time or not. I take each run step by step (truly) and am fully aware that anything is possible, good or bad, and I'll handle it when it gets to me. But for now? I'm going to gear up when hubby does, turn my Garmin on, and start. 

2012, your in God's hands, not mine. And it's PERFECT that way!

but the Helper, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things and bring 
to your remembrance all that I have said 
to you. Peace I leave with you;
My peace I give to you.  
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled
neither let them be afraid.
John 14:16-17

that's Jesus' promise to us. Accept it.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that scripture!! That pumpkin pie sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful run. :) And congrats on shaving 3 minutes off your time!

    ReplyDelete