December 27, 2011

Growing Onions

 Can  I just express how excited I am about this? Thanks to the addicting webpage that is Pinterest, I have grown something all by my wee-self. For the first time, in my entire life (that baby plant our teacher guided us to grow in elementary school just doesn't count for me) and I have to share it with the world!

We eat green onions on a pretty-close-to daily basis here in the Carrillo household. Diced up, it adds a delicious flavor to Mexican chili, quinoa stir fries, tacos, casseroles, tabbouleh's, pinto burgers and even a fine lentil loaf. And for a gal who went and married a man that doesn't fancy ye ol' onion flavor, these guys are perfectly subtle burst o' love to our meals.
 
the steps.
  1. buy green onion
  2. use green onion
  3. leave about 2 inches of the whites, with a little knob of green
  4. place roots in water (only a couple inches is fine)
  5. watch them grow!
  6. snip tops as needed
  7. enjoy fresh green onions.
___________________________
Apart from my world in the kitchen, I have been really enjoying scripture and God's promises lately. Sometimes I hear the same bible verses again and again and it's as if they stop registering inside of me. I forget about their meaning, all I see are words and nothing more. But recently? I have been left in awe. All I can do is read, re-read, thank Christ for all that He is, and sit in wonder. John 15:5 put me in that place this morning before work. How is it possible that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to live as a servant for us? And upon confessing that Christ Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells IN us? This is amazing to me! He, the Creator of the universe lives in me and guides me, and loves me dearly, more than I could ever imagine. I'm completely fulfilled and satisfied in His presence. Oh God, I am in truly in awe.

"I am the Vine, you are the branches: he that stays in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Hope you can experience Jesus' peace, comfort, and real, live presence today. Give everything to Him, depend on Him fully, and He will never leave your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment