December 26, 2011

Quiet Time

I mentioned once before how "Jesus Calling" made its way into my life. I pull verses from it that inspire, motivate, comfort and guide, hoping to help someone get through at least one more day in this crazy world, believers of Christ and non-believers alike. I love setting aside a moment to be 100% focused on my Savior, meditating on His Word and journaling my prayers.


I've come to find how much I truly rely on my quiet time with Jesus to get me through the day. If I skip out and dive into other activities, ignoring God, depending on myself and looking to this world for joy and happiness, I end up completely broken. I turn into a sensitive, angry, quiet, out-of-control human being with a very temporary smile, and no real sense of security or peace.


from our bedroom window. I can't get enough of these early morning sights!
 But Christ is always present, He sees me go through these rough patches and waits for me to re-focus on Him, pushing a pause on life for a minute, remembering what truly matters in this life: our personal relationships with our Him, Creator. I seriously feel like He's speaking to me in a still, quiet voice when I open up the devotional to today's date and finding bible verses like Jude 20-25. An open, honest, loving, personal relationship:


Build yourselves up in the most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by flesh. Now to Christ who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ out Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.


Love, love, love.


Merry day-after-Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment