December 30, 2011

When Juicers and Blenders Unite

The once-a-day, every single day drink!


  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1 lemon, peeled and seeds removed
  • 1 orange, peeled and ends removed
  • 1 apple
  • 5 kale leaves (or as many as you can fit in your blender)
  • 1 handful fresh parsley with stems
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 handful ice cubes
  • BLEND and drink as soon as humanly possible (ie: within 5 seconds)
On December 23, 2011, my hubby Eduardo and I made a very, very fascinating purchase. We had been thinking about making this buy for quite a while, especially after more than just a handful of incidents at home that told us it was very, very necessary. Yes, my friends. We bought ourselves a high-speed blender. His name is Joseph. No, it's not - we have yet to name our new friend, but it truly deserves a nice name. 
This thing blends, it juices, it food-processes!
Why have 3 appliances on your kitchen counter when you can have just one?! Why sit and wait 5 minutes for your baby-powered blender to cut into four frozen strawberries when you can wait 15 seconds? Costco gave it to us for less than Amazon would have, and our wallets seemed to smirk. We are very happy to announce that today is its one week birthday, and we have already used the fella 22 times. Strangely enough, it does have a digit counter on it that tells you how many times you have used it - but that is simply Blentec's sneaky way of finding out if you hit 10,000 or so hits and thus, voiding the warranty (hooray!) but I just see it as a challenge: reach 10,000 as soon as humanly possible. How are we doing this, you ask?
I'm drinking my daily fruit and downing my daily vegetables through a straw, every single day. I found a few recipes on Natalia KW's website - a raw foodie whose recipes leave you in love, refreshing and joyous, and tweaked them based on what I had in my fridge.
I also found a kale lemonade juice that consisted of: fresh lemon, peeled and de-seeded, h2o, kale, an orange and some celery and it was the most light, powerful drink I have ever tasted!!! In short: I am hooked on whole juices (no juicer pushing the pulp aside here!) and continue with my daily fruity smoothie. "Life is fantastico!" says my taste buds.
Kale LEMONADE joy! lemon, apple, celery, kale, ginger - but mainly lemon. fresh, fresh, fresh.
Now go out and look into buying yourself one of these guys or his cousins (see: Vitamix, Waring Xtreme... look on Amazon!) and gift your body with the ease of drinking your greens.

PS: happy Friday.
& happy encouragement:

But I have trusted in Your mercy;
my heart with rejoice in Your salvation.
Psalm 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment