March 25, 2012

Pregnant Mom LOVES Sandwiches!


Homemade hummus (garbanzo, olive oil, dash o' salt, cayenne, chili powder, red pepper flakes), baked n' crunchy whole wheat baguette with flax and seeds gallore, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomato, mashed avocado, pickles and a serrano chili on the side for heat. It was the most glorious sandwich I've ever gazed at, a beautiful sight, and baby loved it. I guess I found out a great way to get my raw veggies back into my meals: hide them between two thick slices of bread, add avocado and hummus, and consume at rapid speeds. Happy tummy, happy mommy, happy developing baby. T'was a great Sunday. And there's leftover hummus. Score!!

eat: sandwiches!
all the goods for an incredible sandwich day: raw vegetables galore, since I'm addicted to them again, just-made garlic-free hummus for baby and mommy's protein, mozzarrella for hubby, canned green chilis 'cause we like to burn our insides with delicious spices, and watermelon for dessert!
Dear Whole Foods: Thank you for giant loaves of french bread containing whole grains, seeds, and happiness.
hubby's beast of a turkey sandwich!
pregnant mama's open-faced double sammie - yes, open faced means you get TWO SANDWICHES on ONE PLATE! It's genius and makes my favorite meal last twice as long. Who needs a sandwich lid, anyhow?

No comments:

Post a Comment