April 3, 2012

Week 16: Avocado Baby

Week 16
Baby is the size of an avocado!

Oh baby, happy official 16 weeks! This weekend was a blast, with running (jogging) at Green Lake with my hubs, watching Forks Over Knives and being blown away by it, eating gigantic sandwiches with spicy hummus, raw veggies and smashed avocado, having a cooking frenzy before church on Sunday, getting smashed in the face with a sudden migraine that lasted a good 2 hours and faded away without being medicated (hoorah!!), throwing 2 loaves of bread in the oven sweetened with molasses, baking sweet potatoes, cooking a giant pizza for 2, creating a minestrone soup with rice noodles and sprouted beans, watching the movie Drive, chilling on the couch with my love bug, putting together a few almond butter n' fig jam sandwiches for the week, having my entire body taken over by a wave of intense nausea for about 4 minutes, recuperating surprisingly fast and then dicing up some apples for a massaged kale salad..... Whew!

This would have NEVER happened during the first trimester.

I am so very thankful for the wonders that are:

  • having energy, being joyful, less of a sensitive grump
  • rocking a baby bump
  • exercising in the morning before work
  • eating oatmeal for breakfast again without feeling sick to my tummy! 
'Tis true, today, for the first time in months, I was able to eat a bowl of warmed-up steel cut oats for breakfast! This is a very exciting moment, my friends. Especially when they were Dark Chocolate Brownie Oats with banana and almond butter! Oh me oh my, I had cake for breakfast and baby looooved it. I might be speaking too soon, I mean, I have a good long morning ahead of me and nausea technically still has time to punch me in the gut, but still... I have hope!
What are Dark Chocolate Brownie Oats, you wonder?

Well, they're a fabulous invention, rich, flavorful, filling and nutrient-packed. You cook your steel cut oats in cinnamon, rice milk and water, sprinkle with raisins and sunflower seeds. Then you mix in 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened extra dark cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of wheat germ, 1.5 tablespoons of chia seeds and mix. Dice a banana on top of the glorious microwave-safe bowl, microwave for a minute or so, drizzle with almond butter and sprinkle on some wonderful crunchiness: Kashi Nuggets are a blast! And consume, slowly, happily, perfectly.

in other eats:
quinoa suuushiii!
"monkey minestrone" with brown rice pasta: recipe from Eat, Drink, Be Vegan!
Brown Rice Blueberry Muffins with almond butter, hemp hearts n' bananananana

No comments:

Post a Comment