April 23, 2012

Week 19: Mango Baby

Happy 19 week bday, baby!
Baby is the size of a mangooo!


Today marks a monumental day. Not simply because baby has grown to 19 weeks gestational, or because I'm just a week away from the half way mark, or because I have an appt with the midwife this week, or because my baby-bump is gigantic, or because it's my mom's birthday (wahooo!) But because of what I ate for breakfast, for the first time since who-even-remembers-when, without gagging, without moaning or groaning or holding my stomach because of the overwhelming wave of nausea it caused. That's right, ladies n' gents, miss pregnant mama Nicole had herself an entire fruity, greeny, carob-y smoothie!



The blend:
1.5 cups water (usually use coconut waters, but I ran out)
1 frozen banana
1 handful of each: frozen blueberries + frozen strawberries
1/2 scoop super greens powder
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp wheat germ
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
1 tbsp carob powder

hooray! I sprinkled the bad boy with some shredded coconut and sipped, cautiously, only planning on drinking half and saving the rest for later. But before I knew it, the jar was empty! Good baby, keepin' your smoothie down and not getting sickly over it! So. Very. Happy. Now if only I can get back into daily workouts.... I'd be a normal (joyfully pregnant) Nicole once again. Here's to leaving that in God's precious hands, giving Him complete control, trusting in Him and His plan for me fully, and not worrying even in the slightest.
sweetness.
Nevertheless, I am continually with You, You hold my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will receive me to glory. Psalm 73:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment