May 1, 2012

Week 20: Banana Baby

I can't believe we're already at week 20!
And that this baby is the size of an entire banana
Honestly, it's been breezy and delightful this week. Not only have I gotten a bum-load of workouts in, but I've also gotten my cooking back on track and I feel like a happy, normal, baby-carrying-mama like I always imagined pregnancy to feel like! Praise the Lord!

Also, I'm getting giant - but in the bestest way I can imagine. It's something the pregnant woman always hopes for (in my case) and dreams about (in my day-dreaming case) and imagines. And it takes a long, long, long, long, time to happen. The first trimester lies to you often and makes your gut extremely bloated - you will most definitely think this is simply your baby bump, making its very first appearance. But the bummer part? It's not really your baby growing to the size of a house, it's simply your body retaining water, holding onto food for a long time in order to feed baby, producing large amounts of gas, and making you look pregnant. Which is kinda nice, since you feel like poo (in my case, again) and you'll take pretty much any fake-bump you're given. But alas, a day will come when you are, most definitely, undoubtedly, showing your baby off. And although they are only the size of a lemon, a lime, an avocado, an onion, a mango or a cantaloupe, they are making their first appearance. And it's a true joy. So, wait for it patiently (not in my case, really) and enjoy growing. 

Grow, baby!
10 + 12 weeks!
12 and 14 weeks!
14 + 15 weeks
15 and 17 weeks

17 and 18 weeks
20 weeks, missy!
Workouts: 1 prenatal weight-lifiting DVD, 1 YouTube yoga video, 4km walk with my sister in our neighborhood, 1 hour jog/walk at Green Lake, 1 attempt at a magazine workout that ended up being more uncomfortable than anything else, since most of the moves squished baby and I had to ignore. All in all, I'm a joyful camper :)




we have been EATING a lot:
Incredible combinations of hummus, mashed avocado, raw veggies and a salad. Drives my taste buds happily wild!

Smoothies are officially back! Although the banana has been kinda heavy in the early AM, I feel like I burp it up all morning. Le sigh. I still have hope, though.

More hummus, avcoado and veggies: in an Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted tortilla with massaged kale salad
microwaved oats with wheat germ, hemp hearts, chia and the works!
sprouted corn tortilla made into giant chips, steamed veg with red pepper flakes (my anti-drug) and beans with tomato, chili powder, salsa and avocado. Delight.


We LOVE waffle Sunday! I have a good feeling that baby does a little happy dance every time Sunday morning hits us.


"We do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment