July 18, 2012

Week 32: Squash Baby!

Week 32
Baby Carrillo is the size of a squash! (Again?)
Average size: 15.2- 16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lb.


But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-22

A friend recently shared this verse and it filled me to the brim with joy. It's such a rich promise from the Lord, so simple in its wording yet so incredibly complex in its meaning. The Creator of this world has a love for us that NEVER ceases! That means no matter what we do, fail to do, accidentally or purposefully do, His love is still there - constant and never changing. His mercies, all He gives to us, never ends. Every morning He has new gifts for us, we have new hope with each day, and new chances to serve Him and see His glory in all of His amazing creation. Great is His faithfulness: He keeps all of His promises. He is always with us, always present, intensely powerful in His ways, He is forgiving, loving, kind, and just. So, so beautiful.

So this week has been much like last week in the pregnant side of things. Energy had a slight shift for the good during the weekend - I felt like a normal human being again! So thankfully the days have been up-beat and productive. But goodness me, I still, for the life of me, cannot get up early to do any type of exercise. Not yoga, not strength training, not pilates, not kettle bell quickies. I have, however, been able to get slight workouts in during the day. We did, however, go to a wedding last weekend, and although I was sleepy like mad beans, we headed over to a "beach" (is it even considered a beach? who knows!) afterwards and went for a beautiful walk. It was super refreshing! During my lunch break the other day I walked for 40 minutes in what felt like 80 degree weather (probably more like 70) to and from the bank. That same day my brother and I hammered art to many walls, which also got my heart rate up (it doesn't take much these days to do so) as well as a quick 10 minutos on my parents' elliptical trainer. So, there's some activity in there, just not a consistent flow. Ah well, 'tis what it is.  Update: today I was able to walk for almost a full 40 minutes on my lunch break, including a crazy hill that took my breath away. Delightful!




The foods: everything tastes fabulous - even sweet, rich green monsters (kale with almond milk + frozen fruit + oats)! The only, only, only food I still can't get along with, that is, my stomach cannot get along with, is the yellow friends that are bananas. It's crazy! I still eat them daily, because their taste hasn't ceased to fascinate my taste buds, but oh me oh my, the nausea creeps its way in shortly after the last bite. How strange is that? I've had to go on a few banana "fasts" as well since this third trimester has brought other *cough* surprises *cough* that are in my gut. But after a few days of a banana-free, extra prune-loaded detox - the body goes right back into regular joy, and I get to eat bananas again! Weird cycle? Yes. A much enjoyed weird cycle!

Baby Carrillo has definitely run out of space inside there. The baby movement is very consistent, now, and hubby and I are even able to feel the head and/or behind every once in a while! It's so much fun to feel a whole body in there, and to share it with family and co-workers (side note: most of family has yet to really feel this baby or see any movement, but that's what this Sunday's baby shower is for, isn't it?). The due date is getting so close (September 17th now) and I cannot believe that, God willing, in only two short months (or so) we'll be holding our sweet baby girl or boy. It's such an intense blessing, I'm in awe as to why God gives the way He does. So gracious!

Anyhow. Here's some food fun!

kale, lemon, orange, pineapple, ginger, ice.
homemade whole wheaty crust, zucchini, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato, italian seasoning, serrano chili
Addicted to Veggies (see her website!) recipe: almond, date, cocoa powder crust (brownie bliss!) with a cashew, strawberry, date filling. oh joy.
Oh She Glows' recipe: curry lentil soup.
strawberries, blueberries, dates, almond milk, wheat germ, hemp seed, chia on top.
quinoa, seeds, oats, millet puffs, ohmygoodness waffles.

"the fact that this year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behavior we expect from other people." C.S.Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment