September 27, 2012

Two Weeks Old

I'm in love with this baby boy. I could stare at him all day, which, when both our bellies are full and all is well, I spend hours doing. He's such a joy to both Edu and I, as well as to both of our families and friends.
 
God blessed us with such a precious gift, and we are so undeserving of having Santi in our lives. All we can do is give thanks, praise our Father and glorify Him for the peace He fills us with (even during the restless nighttime hours).

Today he turns 2 weeks old, and I am being honest when I say I truly don't know what we have done for the last 14 days. It's my longest stretch away from work in probably 5+ years, which some would see as a dream, "I can do anything I want! I've longed for this much free time since I was born!" but not a moment has gone by where I have found myself with "free" time. I instantly fill it with baby time, maybe some mandatory cooking for the sweet spouse, our the occasional blog post.

breakfast!
Life is sweet. Daytime and nighttime mesh together. Baby Santiago James teaches us how to live a life if self-sacrifice, of putting his needs before our own, of slowing down and taking each moment as it comes to us.

Happy two weeks, love bug. I love being your mommy, even though I'm far from perfect at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment