September 10, 2012

Week 39: Watermelon Baby

Week 39
Baby is the size of a watermelon!
Average size: 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 lb.
We made it! We're now in the "a week before or a week after" the due date time period, and I'm so so excited. Baby Carrillo can truly pop out any day now, just as he/she could have last week or the week before, so our only job is to wait. The home is ready for birthing, with all our goods in the loft, just waiting to be used for birth day, and our bed is only in need of a waterproof mattress cover, a shower liner + a few extra sheets to prevent ruining our rad mattress (yay for birth)! It's often been brought to my attention that we should probably protect our mattress now since my water could break at any moment, but we haven't done so yet. Maybe this week?
Baby is craaazy active nowadays- more than ever before - and I love it! I've been trying to keep my camera nearby so I can get this wiggling action on film, but it's been a classic run-for-the-camera-before-baby-stops-moving and then sitting down only to find that the dance session is over. It's a bit wild, though, when both sides of my stomach ball are being pushed outwards at the same time. It makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, I have twins in there (really small twins?) And they're kicking me simultaneously. That would be pure, beautiful, madness! Oh YouTube and your home birth videos, why do you have to put ideas in my head? See "surprise twin home birth" it's insanity - in a "woah, that's surprising" type of way (and viewer be forewarned: it's graphic business at times).

I've been feeling strangely energetic recently, so I'm using it to my advantage (and hubby's advantage) and cooking extra meals for ye ol' freezer. Every other week I always make an extra pizza dough to freeze for our weekend pizza days, but Sunday I made 5 extra doughs. Also, a week or so ago I made Brenden Brazier's black bean n' brown rice Mexi pizza crust and cut it into four huge pieces. They also live in the freezer, along with a large stock of dark chocolate date balls with flaxseed and Oh She Glows' date-sweetened coconut bars. I'm hoping that, once baby arrives, it'll serve as a blessing to have a well-stocked freezer.

Baby's dance hours: 7:30am and 9:30pm, with a few kicks n' thuds in between
Labor signs: contractions every once in a while, lasting 45-70 seconds, with hours of rest in between
Baby's position: we're hoping my midwife can answer this one tomorrow (will update) - we thought babe was in the same-old head down, back to my right, butt in the air, legs to the left position - but my stomach is changing shapes and it's confusing us - did baby Carrillo flip over in utero? If so, how is that even possible when the head was so low two weeks ago? Acrobat baby, that's how.
Total weight gain: 23lbs
Reason for weight gain: the amazing food you are about to gaze at. Oh, and the baby-growing-inside-of-me-situation.

Foods are as follows:
[lentil bake n' biscuits] sprouted bean n' lentils, tomatoes, kale bits, serrano chili, italian seasoning. biscuit topping is cornmeal, nutritional yeast, whole wheat flour, almond milk n' salt.
[garbanzo no-tuna sammie filling] mashed garbanzos, lemon juice, garlic, green onion, dill, celery - recipe courtesy of Healthy. Happy. Life..
[seitan sausage] vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, red pepper, italian seasoning, olive oil, h2o, more seasonings n' spices.
[noodles n' spicy cheese sauce with tempeh] brown rice noodles, tempeh, nutritional yeast, chili powder, serrano chili, ground flaxseed, dijon mustard, garlic.
[garbanzo thick n' creamy soup] Lilly's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (that has the exact consistency of a runny soup - thick hummus lovers beware! Mom and I brainstormed how to save it - and this "chowder" consistency was a superb makeover!), mashed garbanzos, red bell pepper, yellow summer squash, italian seasoning, coconut oil, pepper.
[roasted veg pizza over cheezy tomato sauce] whole wheat crust with flax, tomato puree with garlic n' basil n' salt, nutrtitional yeast (I know, I have an addiction and need to confess it!), summer squash, bell pepper, serrano chili.
[toast n' tomatoes] just do it. add pepper, a lot of pepper. be thankful in the simplicity of delicious food.
[sprouted tofu pot pie] sprouted tofu, italian seasoning, ground flaxseed, green beans, peas, recipe calls for carrot bits n' sweet potato chunks, but I had neither! with a crust of whole wheat flour, olive oil and italian seasoning, Oh deliciousness!


"and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given to us."
Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment