October 17, 2012

Chocolate Butternut Squash Cakes

It's nighttime. Nighttime is for sleeping.
This was yesterday. I can't remember what happened.
I remember those butternut squash pancakes, though.
and I remember baby Santiago's Puma outfit, courtesy of grandma!
I remember going for a walk and feeling Fall, in all its crispiness.
and quinoa, grilled vegetables and a spicy peanut sauce.


Chocolate Butternut Squash Cakes

1 butternut squash, cooked + pureed
3 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups nut milk (I used unsweetened almond)
1/2 cup date paste (dates blended with water)
1-2 cups quinoa flour (any flour works!)

Combine wet, combine dry. Pan fry in coconut oil. Makes 1,000 pancakes. Let them cool (after eating one with fig jam and giving one to your mom) and wrap mini-stacks in foil or plastic wrap for freezing. I pulled a three-stack from the freezer yesterday early AM after feeding Santi and had a rich meal by 11:00am. Drizzled with almond chocolate sauce! Oh, what's almond sauce, you wonder? Cocoa powder, almond milk + almond butter. Purrrrfection. Topped off with hemp hearts. Happy tummy!

The LORD is my strength and my song; 
He has become my salvation.
Psalm 118:14

No comments:

Post a Comment