October 3, 2012

Expressive Bebe + Dark Chocolate Kale Smoothie

Tuesday = our first successful Moby (oh. my. goodness. never thought I'd see the day!), rich chocolate smoothie full of leafy greens, a very happy and expressive baby Santiago, cooking fun and reading. I'm excited to be reading "Weeks 2-6" in the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding book - it's going to get pretty exciting 'round here! I feel like both Santi and I are over the newborn/learning stage and only have good things to look forward to. I also have this hope because Wednesday we are meeting a friend and her 2 month old baby girl over at a La Leche League get-together and I pray we can get a few pointers! Santiago has been super fidgety while feeding, as well as distracted, kicking, scratching me a little and scratching himself, and pulling on the goods while it is in his mouth - ouch man! So I am excited to learn about what the business is going on in his mind if they can help me out there. We'll see!
 

Double Chocolate Kale Smoothie
feeds one for breakfast!
 
  • 1 cup nut milk (I used original unsweetened Almond Milk)
  • 2 handfuls kale 
  • 1 handful beet greens
  • 1 1/2 frozen bananas
  • 3-4 dates
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp carob powder
  • ice cubes galore!
Blend. Consume your ice cream. Marvel at its nutritional stats:

Calories 321
Dietary Fiber 16.9g
Protein 10.0g 
Vitamin A 393% 
Vitamin C 247%  
Calcium 56%
Iron 34%

and vegans are thought to be calcium, iron and protein deficient! Muahaha - plants are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment