October 6, 2012

Juice + Smoothie Recipes!

A day of sleeping in (didn't leave bed till after 10!), of Moby wrapping, of smoothie making, of grandpa visiting, of leftover pinto bean chili, of singing hymns in the shower to remind baby I am close by, of long feedings, of video editing, of grandma time in the evening, of an attempted 7:30pm bedtime that didn't go as planned (of baby waking up less than 25 minutes later), of prayer - because being a mommy ain't always easy, and I need of my Savior way more than I'd like to admit.


 
 

And with those fun Friday moments, I leave you with my two favorite "drink yo' vitamins cause it's easier than eating them whole" recipes! Enjoy!

Berry Rich Smoothie:
serves oneee
1 cup - 1 1/2 cups nut milk
1 frozen banana
1 handful frozen strawberries/blueberries
3-4 prunes
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup walnuts
2 tbsp wheat germ
*optional: cocoa powder, vanilla, other nuts or seeds, dates instead of prunes!

Tropical Kale Juice
serves one

1 cup water
1 orange, peeled
1 lemon, peeled
1 cup fresh pineapple or 1 apple, core removed
1 small piece fresh ginger
4-5 kale leaves, stems removed

Bleeeeeennnnddd!

No comments:

Post a Comment