October 21, 2012

New Parents: Our First Date Night

Oh, man. Bottles in the fridge, backup supply in the freezer, baby handed off to grandma and grandpa, and off we went to celebrate our four blessed years of marriage bliss! An afternoon in Seattle land, if you will, a time to reminisce on that special day we said, "I do", as we gaze into eacother's eyes, hands held, hearts warm, all focus on each other....

 

  So, maybe we spent the majority of the drive to, the meal, and the drive back home, talking about our little Santiago. Can you blame us? He's just so. dang. cute. (also pictured: buckwheat oats with frozen cherries, green monster blend of kale, orange, lemon, pineapple, ginger and banana)


 

Dinner choice: In The Bowl Vegetarian Noodle Bistro! We have tried to eat here before, but the only parking available is on the street and we couldn't find a spot last time. Usually, a normal human being would simply continue looking for a parking spot, but I must have been pregnant and crazy hungry (or just crazy) last time - so we ended up eating elsewhere. 


This place has pretty good ratings on Yelp, people's complaints were sort of repetitive: too spicy, poor/slow service. It's funny, though, 'cause there is a sign posted on their wall that states, "our dishes spicy level is more than you may be used to. Keep that in mind," yet people get mad at them. 


I really wanted a curry dish but they were all spicy, and I didn't want bebe to get a burnt esophagus (although connections with mama's diet and the way it effects her milk is....still being debated) so I stuck with an udon noodle stir fry with tofu. Hubby ordered a coconut curry soup with udon noodles and a coconut milk fried rice - I tasted the rice and it was amazing and not that spicy (he ordered 5 out of 5 star spiciness on his soup and a 4/5 for the rice).


We finished our meals like rockstars (he left some of the curry coconut broth & we both tackled the rice dish but I ate most the veg/tofu and the rice was kind of ignored) and stayed at the restaurant a bit to chat about life. I tried keeping the theme at, "aw..marriage!" since it was technically our anniversary dinner, but we talked more about baby's future caregiver (still praying hard about this) and I am guilty of texting my mom to see how Santi was doing. 

 

Goodness me, though, we sure did miss that guy! We stared at the empty car seat with sad faces and joked around saying, "where is Pumita??" but it was very nice to get out and drive to Seattle together. Mommy and papa time = essential for a happy, healthy marriage and gooood parenting. I know, I know, we just really like our baby boy.


So, there you have it. We survived, Santi loooved himself some grandma and grandpa time, my mom and dad got their grandson fill happily, and there was even leftover milk in the fridge when we got home. Hoorah! 

Santiago did, however, decide to sleep most of the time we were out, so date night was followed by a night like this: 

  • sleep for two hours, eat/diaper change
  • sleep for 30 minutes, eat/change
  • sleep for 1 hr, eat/change
  • sleep for1.5 hrs
  • sleep for 1....
exhausted.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Santi looks so cute in that monkey bib!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know, monkey bibs are the best!

      Delete