September 29, 2012

Saturday.

Oh. Saturday. We ate quinoa pancakes (recipe below!), we attempted the Moby wrap again (fail), we snuggled with Pumita, we went to the park, we breastfed in public (GASP!) and didn't cry about it (bigger GASP!), we met with my great friend, Helena, we snuggled with babe some more, we ate chef Katie's amazing potato n' bean dish that tasted like an incredible crock pot meal of delights (re: kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato, mushroom, olives, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, onions... intense flavors), and we rested. Indulge in photography, because it speaks so much nicer than words do!

 

 
 

Quinoa Pancakes
(for one - simply double for two, of course!)

I made up this recipe one evening when I was pregnant and famished. I decided I didn't want any wheat that evening and needed something high in protein, rich in good fats, filling and sweet. I also wanted to add some Amazing Grass Green Superfoods (I bought a blend of green powder in the first trimester of pregnancy when my mind and stomach couldn't even think about green leafy veggies without feeling sick. The one we purchased is a mix of spirulina, broccoli, kale, spinach, maca, beets, carrots, 8,000 antioxidants...etc - We bought it off Amazon and it tastes like a straight up tree from your backyard, but in pancakes it's golden delicious!)

  • 1/4 cup quinoa flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
  • 1 scoop Green powder (optional)
  • nut milk of choice (I use almond and I don't measure it)
  • coconut oil for frying
Combine dry, add milk. I simply pour some in the bowl and mix the batter together. If it looks too thick and dry, I add a bit more milk. If it look too thin, I let it sit for 5+ minutes so the chia seeds or flax does their job of absorbing some of the extra liquid. Simple as that. Eat them after decorating the fluffy cakes with everything you can imagine. 

Expect more of these "more photos, less chat" posts. I want to share baby Santiago James with family and friends, but don't have it in me to write daily. I also would love to return to the life of sharing recipes since that is why I started this blog in the first place. So food and baby photography, here we come!

And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” 
Exodus 33: 14

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love the picture of us that you got! Riley's trying to see baby! haha I think he was in love with baby as well :)

    ReplyDelete