October 25, 2012

What Baby and Mama Eat

Okay, I did it! This is everything I ate today. Leaving out a handful of raisins that I attacked a jar of while the dessert smoothie was blending. Hooray! First we started off the day with pure smiles! The funny thing was that he smiled for a full 30 seconds before bursting into tears as if the world was crashing down on him. Dramatic little nugget! Then momma took part in some amazing fruit (blob on top of apple is almond butter) and the watermelon went into my belly sometime in the afternoon.


We had a breastfeeding party or eighteen of them, we took little naps (okay, just him), we edited baby videos on Sony Vegas (okay, just me) and then we attempted an early lunchtime! It was hard, I won't lie. Santi had just fallen asleep after eating and I knew I didn't have much time to throw food together. Thankfully, I really only needed the microwave and a blender since I baked some balsamic tofu + sweet potato yesterday. Sa-weet! Even so, baby of course woke up half way through prepping my lunch and began to scream like a mad man, so I held him while snapping photos and turning on Mr.Blender. This baby loves himself the sound of the blender, it's so goofy! He can be screaming atop his wee-lungs, and the second I turn on the blender he is filled with peace. Remembering life inside the womb as I blended twice a day every day for 9 full months? I think so!

 Then we had more breastfeeding parties, and naps, and singing and dancing around the living room since this boy doesn't care to sit with mom and talk about the meaning of life. Soon enough, it was papa's lunch hour! So I tried my best to be quiet, as Santiago slept, and dice up some sweet potato for fries and take out some bean burgers + buns from the freezer. Success! Ezekiel bun, pinto bean/zucchini/brown rice burger, guacamole, bell pepper, mustard + green cabbage as the "lid". And a photoshoot or three, of course.

 

Then came dessert (8 million hours later): a blend of frozen banana, almond milk, cocoa powder, walnuts, ice and prunes. with muesli, amaranth cereal, millet puffs, hemp hearts and raisins on top!



Now I'm off to tend to Santi, who won't stop crying in grandma's arms... I think it's time for dinner number 6 for that guy, what do you think?


7 comments:

  1. Hahaha how cute of a family are you guys?! I hope my baby gets used to the blender inside the womb...that would seriously make life SO much easier!! Even now I dont blend until my hubby gets up because I dont want to wake HIM up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me the baby will! Anything you do, including exercise, the baby will get used to and crave the movement and noise once they are born- is so fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh you guys are SO ADORABLE! Seriously, you should be like,the picture that comes with a picture frame. You're so cute!

    That green smoothie is looking awesome :) Probably gives you plenty of energy for keeping up with the little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're sweet!!

      Yeah my sister asked me how I was so awake last night on so little sleep and all I could think of was them greens n' the rest of the food I eat, cause seriously I should be a zombie on so little rest! Go plants!

      Delete
  3. LOVE that pic of your family. I agree, you should frame it. Santi has the cutest chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! It is a great family picture. I just found your site and have been interested in what mama's eat during and after pregnancy (healthy mama's). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So glad, makes me want to keep up with these foodie-themed posts!

      Delete