November 8, 2012

Cocoa Coconut Chili (recipe video)

oh, cocoa. oh, coconut. who knew!

Cocoa Coconut Chili



Dreena Burton's book, Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, is a gem.

This was Wednesday!









This next picture? Yes. It's urine on baby's wall. He's an artist, and we are very proud to admit it. I want to keep it there forever. Alas, papa Bear had me clean it off the wall while he cleaned off a soaked baby boy. Tisk, tisk, there go the days of my youngin' becoming a famous artist.



&...Milestone? Santiago was in such a content mood (after a really, really long meal and a clean diaper) that he sat on my lap, for the first time without fuss, and we read El Helicoptero seven times through before he decided there was more to life (in other words, before he started screaming to do something else). It was so dang cute! He has never sat through more than 2 pages of a children's book, so this was huge. Every time I turned a page I felt like a magician, "and now, your baby will watch you read like never before!" I enjoyed changing the words each time I read it through, as well as add my own commentary on the illustrations. I swear he soaked up every word and image - babies brains are phenomenal! God is an exceptional Creator, wouldn't you say? How do you explain the marvel that is: if you placed a baby in a family where each person spoke a different language, and let's say it was a family of 5, that said baby would learn every single language perfectly and know how to tell the difference between them? I'm amazed. Let's experiment on Santi! Now, if only I could learn Korean.... and Eduardo could learn Italian.... that's four languages with Spanish n' English! Wahoo!

Also, last night was my first appointment with a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist. I am really optimistic about this lady and the wonders she can do to fix my post-baby body! I'll do a full post on the details another time (hopefully), but let's just say I have a long road ahead of me - that is, my pelvic floor is really weak and has mucho work to do. She says I should definitely work on healing before trying for baby #2, of course, and that my diagnosis for diastasis recti is also a culprit for why everything is so loose. Fancy that! Time will tell how PT goes. I'll be seeing the doc weekly for the next few months, and slowly but surely my no-running, jumping or hopping days will be but a distant memory.


"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54-10

3 comments:

  1. I love your recipe videos! You are a nut (in a good way). How great to see baby Santi "up close and real." Adorable!

    I think it's wonderful to have a child grow up multi-lingual. So glad you are reading and talking to him in Spanish as well as English. Children are like little sponges and can absorb so much. When you learn a foreign language as an adult you have so many things already in your way. I know: I've had to learn German, French and a smattering of Dutch since I've lived in all those countries. It's not fun being an adult with the vocabulary of a two-year-old! :)

    Your chili looks delicious and very quick and easy. I love the addition of the cocoa and have a few chilis that call for it. One is a butternut squash chili--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sooo cute! Love the video, it's like having you in front of me! :)

    my baby will be so confused, chinese, shanghai, spanish and english. We'll how she does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the physical therapy goes well! I'm sure your abs will be back to there old selves in no time :)

    That sure is alot of pee on the wall! hehe

    ReplyDelete