November 7, 2012

I've Got the Joy

You know the tune, you can sing it with pride (if not, then learn it): I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart - where?! Down in my heart, where?! Down in my heart! I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart to staaaay. and I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my heaaaaart..... What brings me joy? Jesus. and these boys you're about to see pictures of. and food.

Family. Please notice our 8-week-old's face in these photos. Priceless!





Some food! Thank you, Mama Pea, for this delicioooous spaghetti squash pad thai recipe. It was such a gem in my belly! I have only tried spaghetti squash once with store-bought pasta sauce, some 2 years or so ago, and I was not a fan. This was a huge winner, even my spouse, the not-a-big-fan-of-anything-containing-squash enjoyed this dish! I added tempeh, substracted the sweetener in the sauce since my ketchup is sweet 'nuff, and didn't use snap peas since I don't have any on hand. Garnished with peanuts, like the good lady recommended. Superb! Also pictured: the green smoothie and the chocolate smoothie in a bowl (loaded with cereal), both usual suspects in this home.





Oh man, back to the Cutie Face. I can't wait 'till he running up and down our stairs and shouting from atop his lungs. Really. I know, I'm insane. I want more babies. or maybe I just want more Santiago. So much joy! Especially when his tummy spills out of his clothes. Muffin tops are the greatest on babies, don't you think? I think. I know it.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise You with joyful lips, when I remember You upon my bed, and meditate on You in the watches of the night; for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy. Psalms 63:5-7


2 comments:

  1. he is such a cutie posing for you!!!

    I've save that recipe to make too, need to get a squash ASAP.

    glad papa is back, reunited family is a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More adorable pics :)

    I love the idea of spaghetti squash Pad Thai! I'll have to make it!

    ReplyDelete