January 9, 2013

Fruit and Leftover Pizza

What can I say, I am pretty much just emptying out my camera and iPhone photos from the past week. This was... last Thursday? Wednesday? I ate leftover pizza, Santi was just being cuteness since he's a professional at that, and there was a lot of fruit involved. Aaaaand I'm trying to get a second helping of leafy greens in my life on a daily basis, so there's a romaine salad with a huge glop of guacamole, green onion and tomato - something I haven't had at home in a zillion years. I do, however, enjoy purchasing it for $6.75 at Chipotle!



Santi is actually allowing me to sit him in this Rock n' Play with a toy for extended periods of time while I cook! It's lovely, and goofy. Sometimes he will simply stare at the cabinet next to him and kick his feet every so often, other times he will bite on his toys for 15 minutes, and then there are times when he watches my every move. I try to tell him every step I take while cooking and prepping meals, and involve him in on the action. I take food out of the fridge, he stares up into the box that produces bright lights and is filled with colorful, edible objects, and I'll show him a bell pepper, "bell pepper, green bell pepper, en espanol: chile morron verde" so he memorizes colors and vegetable names in English and Spanish and turns into a genius. That, or simply knows his vegetables, I'll take either! I've placed small and big fruits/veggies in his hands and he holds them for a whole 3 seconds, then they just sit on his lap or fall between his leg and the seat. I think that that means he likes it, he really likes it. I don't know if I'm ready for the day he actually attempts to take a bite of the outside of a lemon, however. But for now, I'll risk it!


Pizza: [crust] 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup warm water, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, more ground flaxseed to prevent sticking while rolling out the dough into a giant pizza crust. [sauce] tomato puree from Whole Foods (ingredients are organic strained tomatoes and basil), italian seasoning, fresh basil, garlic and onion powder. [toppings] zucchini, bell pepper, serrano chili, green cabbage, pineapple! Juice: pineapple, golden beet, collard greens, orange, half a lemon, ginger, banana.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment