January 29, 2013

Pinto Beans: It's What's For Dinner

Looking for simplicity in my lunches. Finding it, and sharing it with you.
This little bowl of goodness was actually an addition, a side kick if you will, to a pretty hefty, well-rounded meal. Remember the cauliflower pizza crust loaded with tomato sauce dressed veggies? Yeah, that huge plate of food called for a friend. And a friend was delivered indeed!

I've always had a hankering for a bowl of warm, freshly cooked beans. Rarely are they ever adorned this nicely, though. I figure, get that bean protein in some how today, no need -no time- to be fancy. This of course creates a great joy in me when a colorful bowl of pintos meets my glance. It's not often seen, it feels new, am I in a divine restaurant? Where did this gust of topping fall from?

This brings me to: a bowl of beans, and his South-of-the-Border flair. Heat up your beans, then add the following:

A sprinkle of chili powder
The juice of a small lemon
One small tomato, diced
Half a green onion, diced
A few cilantro leaves, torn up
Half an avocado, mashed or cubed
Some diced zucchini, optional
One tablespoon of salsa*
*I always use my hubby's classic: 30 Serrano chili peppers, 3 small tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1-2 tbsp water~pulse in a blender until almost puréed, leaving some pieces in there for good texture!



Oh, beans. I wonder if the peanut will love them as much as his parents do. One thing is confirmed, off the subject of food: This boy loves his grandma and grandpa! And my oh my - and I think they are pretty fantastic as well. The gift that they can see their munchkin so often is all thanks to our gracious God! Between Skyping with grandparents in Mexico City and giggling at his nightly visits with the Seattle squad (a fancy way of saying my mom and dad) - he sure is being filled with love! 


So we're training him in the walking way if life... What do you think, too early? Hahah... So much fun!

Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. (Psalm 63:3 NIV) - God's love is better than life, what a beautiful reminder! We are created to accept His love, share it with the people He places in our life, and glorify Him in all that we do. His love is better than family, His love is shown to us in our families. God's love is stronger than that of our spouse, stronger than the love we have for our children. His love for us is rich and true, never changes, always constant. He holds our hand in times of tribulation and delights in our song in times of joy. Thank You, Father, for Your love, always present!

No comments:

Post a Comment