January 17, 2013

Quinoa Sushi, Smiles from Baby

The last time we had sushi.... I was pregnant, it sat in the fridge for too long, I ate it the same day I ate some -old- pesto with rice pasta, and I held my stomach in wallowing abdominal cramp style for the entire night. Oh sushi, it isn't you, it's me. Side note: it was 100% veg sushi, no raw fish. So, to answer your question, no - I wasn't poisoned by uncooked fishies. I was poisoned by your-food-too-old bacteria. This sushi, however, rocked our world. Warm quinoa, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, red pepper flakes, Braggs's kelp granules - raw zucchini, romaine, red cabbage, avocado.


Oh look what we've found! A baby that smiles back at you almost every time you say hello to his chubby cheeks and round waist line. Oh, Santiago, how you remind us of the love God has for His children, the gifts He places in the lives of His sheep, the joy we have in His presence!


For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Ephesians 5:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment