January 18, 2013

Tangy Kale Salad Dressing

A good friend shared a recipe for a killer salad dressing. I ripped up some kale, smushed it between my fingers for a quick "massage" and drizzled this spicy, tangy sauce all over it. My 4 month nugget was sleeping nearby, so I actually filled the blender with:

1 cup almond butter
1 cup water
2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
1 thumb-sized knob of ginger
4 pitted dates
2 limes' juice and zest
2 tsp red pepper flakes

...then I proceeded to walk upstairs with the blender, go into our bathroom, shut the door and blend the concoction 'till creamy. Santi was asleep, like a beautiful rock (hmmm... rock..) and we had dressing in less than 60 seconds. It's spicy. It's salty. It's rich and wowza. It's dressing. Meet kale, enjoy.


The mushroom - ok, fine, he's a baby, I get it - is wearing 12-18 month old shirts and looking sharp. I have a feeling he's going to be as tall as his grandmas (short? nahhh...) once he hits a year old. We scared. We need to start gluing fragile items to the floor, wall, tables, and chairs. This child going to be gigantic. Maybe we can enter him into giant baby contests. Maybe we'll make money. Maybe I'll give you some.


Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment