February 8, 2013

A Day of Vegan Eats

I'm not one to post a daily food log for many reasons, one being the fact that I did it for 8,000 days when I started this blog. I don't know how or at what time I did it, but I recall sitting at my computer once a day every day and writing about the day. There were lots if tuna tostadas, chicken stir fries, turkey lasagnas and an occasional steak day complete with baked potato, green onion, and a side salad with spinach and homemade croutons.



After doing it for a while I found it to be too repetitive, not that healthy ("oh, I shouldn't take a picture of that half donut I had a work, that would look bad on the blog" "then I binged on half a box of Kashi cereal straight from the box, to the palm of my hand, into my mouth....") and hard to keep up. There was even guilt associated with missing an occasional Sunday post. Guilt? A tiny food and exercise blog? Something is wrong there, friends.

So every once in a while you may find me do a "look what I ate yesterday!" type of post, but this business won't be daily and I won't feel bad if I don't do it again for another 4 months. The reason I do it? Because I love to share how easy and yummy it is to eat a large amount of plants. I hope to inspire and give tips to anyone that is searching for them. I also hope that, by the title of the post, new visitors will stop by and end up having the seed of Christ planted inside of them upon reading the bible verse toward the end of the food log. You know, I should really modify my posts so that God's word is the first thing a reader sees. Will do!

So, without further adieu or babbling, here is what the-other-day-at-work looked like in terms of caloric energy (that odd way of saying, "this is what I ate" is for my papa, who can always word a sentence in a funny-er [that non-existent word is for him, too] way than I can) :

*Foods are listed in order of which was packed first, not necessarily the order I ate them in.



  • 2 bananas, loads if hemp hearts, frozen cherries
  • Cheesy cashew kale chips


  • Parsley smoothie: 2 bananas, one apple, celery stalk, water
  • Classic citrus collard green smoothie: orange, lemon, ginger, beet, pineapple, collard greens, broccoli, water
  • Waldorf kale salad: kale, apple celery, walnuts and raisins with a dressing of: apple, raisins, Dijon, water, red wine vinegar and walnuts
  • Mandarins, carrots, kiwis, banana, coconut water, leftover pizza (whole wheat flax crust, tomato purée and seasoning for the sauce, zucchini, bell pepper, cabbage, Serrano chili, pineapple
  • unpictured: edamame
  • Raw, dehydrated pizza crust (acorn squash, basil, garlic, chia and flax ~ recipe from this lovely lady) sautéed veggies in tomato purée with parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and paprika, avocado
  • unpictured second serving of kale chips


  • Dark chocolate banana blizzard:
2 frozen bananas, 4 prunes, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp extra dark unsweetened cocoa powder, drop or three of vanilla, ice *old photo, same deliciousness!



So there you have it, food. In my belly. Tastes so good. Praise God for His provision! And then Santi ate with his papa (this is on a typical mom-goes-to-work day)



For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, (Ephesians 2:8) ~ We have all been offered the gift of eternal life and forgiveness because God is full of grace! I accepted this mystery as a child and decided to give myself up to Him as a teenager, realizing how empty this world's promises are to us and how rich the Lord's promises are and always will be! Faith plays a huge part in walking with Christ on a daily basis, faith to believe in a Being unseen, in trusting He is with us every step we take, and that He wipes our flaws clean so that we no longer have to dwell on our past mistakes. This salvation is nothing I can EARN, it is only something The Lord gifts us with because He loves us deeply and unconditionally. Unconditional means nothing we do or do not do will change His love for us, it's perfect and whole, satisfying and rich. Thank You, Father, for the gift of salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment