February 23, 2013

Avocado Creamsicle

I'm not going to lie on the internet, this here smoothie just didn't do it for me. The recipe is based off of this one, and I had high hopes for it. I'm not one to use avocado in smoothies, mainly because I love it on its own and don't want it to be masked by a bunch of fruit-heads. Yet I decided to give it a try this time.


The result was creamy, and I enjoyed that. Yet, from there things just got hazy. I don't know if it was the coconut water, which has a distinctive flavor, or the sprig of parlsey, or if I ended up with bitter collard greens. Maybe I needed a second orange, or a whole apple, or some lemon zest. Perhaps I could have had more tasty luck with spinach instead of collard greens, or water instead of coconut milk.

Just throwing some ideas out there, since I know Kathy is a superb recipe-creator. I must have done something wrong, since the flavor was so, so odd. Nevertheless, I sipped the whole jar clean. It kind of grew on me, but I won't be making this one again. I'd rather dice up that avocado and add it to a bowl of black bean chili.

Cute baby alert!


...that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment