February 16, 2013

Cheezy Cashew Kale Chips

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from Your commandments! Psalms 119:10 ~ I seek God with my whole heart, hoping to bring glory to His name with my life. I pray that I would not wander or stray from His commandments, which He placed for good-that we may be more like His Son, Jesus Christ, and less conformed to this world.

Onto food: Raw. Dehydrated. Soaked cashews. Nutritional yeast. These are along the lines of: I could eat three pounds of kale in a 24 hour period... type of good.



Cheezy Kale Chips
Recipe adapted from Dehydrator Review

Ingredients:
2 bunches of kale
1 cup of raw cashews
1 red pepper*
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp cayenne

Directions:
Soak your cashews for a couple hours (I had soaked mine overnight). Toss in a food processor with the remaining ingredients (except the kale, silly). Wash the kale and dry it with a paper towel, or a salad spinner (which I have yet to own, no big deal if you don't have one). Remove kale stems and rip leaves in to bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and cover with cheezy sauce. Toss kale and sauce with a large spoon or spatula, or your hands, until evenly coated. Eat the entire bowl. No, don't do it. Place kale leaves on a few dehydrating trays and dehydrate at 115° for 4 hours or so. I think mine needed around 6 hours to get really crisp, each dehydrator is different!

Alternatively, you could throw them leaves onto a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, watching them closely so they don't burn.

* I only had green bell pepper in hand and they still tasted great!



Even Santiago liked them. Well, he looked at them, at least once, during our Superbowl party. Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment