February 21, 2013

Cherry Smoothie: Secret Ingredient

Goodness me, is this even allowed? Should I continue on writing, disclosing this valuable information? Will I regret it, will it come back to bite me? I'm doing it, I'm so going to do it. There is simply too much awesome involved to not spread the secret.



There's broccoli in my smoothie, and it still tastes like cake in a glass, with ice cubes (inspired by this broccoli & blueberry recipe, try it!).

Now that I have given you this little light of food guidance, my advice is that you grab the nearest blender, and get to work:

2 bananas, frozen or fresh
1 cup cherries, frozen
1 cup almond milk
1 cup broccoli



My plan is to gift these three awesome people in my life with this drink (as well as my hubs, my sister, my brothers, my uncles, my aunts, my grandma, my cousins, my friends, my co-workers, my neighbors, the people at the grocery store, the people sitting in traffic in front of me, complete strangers...), 3 cups of raw broccoli goodness into each of their bellies. That's the least I can do for such a great team of grandparents and a goofy, loveable baby boy. Eat your cruciferous vegetables, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment