February 19, 2013

Green Thickie: Cookie Dough


Okay, this is my last Green Thickie post, I promise. I figure, if I'm eating them I should give them a formal review and share their rich flavor with everyone, right? Right!

This particular smoothie takes the cake (ha. ha.) for many reasons: it is filling, it is rich, it tastes like a cookie, it has "cookie" in its name, it contains cinnamon and nutmeg, it is fabulous over ice & you can add water to your jar after the smoothie is gone in order to not leave behind even the slightest trace of Cookie Dough glory - slurp up that watered-down sweetness, you won't regret it.

To keep it extra rich, leave the 2 cups of almond milk. For one giant serving, I cut the oats in half and did half water, half almond milk. I used kale for this one once, and collard greens for the second time, both have resulted in a yummy smoothie. I have also used sprouted buckwheat, again with great results.

You will be full. You will be pleased. You will make it again. Unless, of course, you don't like cinnamon nutmeg comes. In that case, go make an Orange Julius instead!


Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord , The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. Isaiah 40:28

No comments:

Post a Comment