February 18, 2013

Green Thickie: Key Lime Pie


Another absolutely delicious, filling, yum-tastic way to start the day: a lime delight recipe from Green Thickies! Head over to Katherine Natalia's website and make this drink.


The lime flavor stands out so well with the limes' juice and zest, the creaminess of the banana makes it a whole lot like ice cream and the addition of vanilla - whew! It will truly remind you if eating a refreshing slice of key lime pie. Which, come to think of it, I don't think I have ever had! I never was much of a lime-girl, but my Mexican husband changed that. Lime juice over tacos, lime juice in salsas, lime-aid with chia seeds, lime after lime halved and squirted atop soups - and now, lime in my dessert smoothie (that I eat for breakfast or lunch, mind you).


Here is the recipe link again, if you missed it! I would post it here but I have to give her 1,000% of the credit for this smoothie, she is genius, and it seriously is SO good. In a very, very serious way. That's why I said, "seriously."


Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16, 17

1 comment: