February 17, 2013

Green Thickie: Orange Julius

Football peak-a-boo!


So recently I met this lovely lady's website, and my life in regards to smoothies was forever changed. I like to think of her as inventing what is your basic green smoothie, doubled in size with the addition of oats, quinoa, or my favorite, buckwheat.


Her smoothies will fill you up, make your taste buds dance, and are nutritiously powerful (nutritiously powerful = they are loaded with vitamins and minerals that our bodies love!)

So these next few posts will be dedicated to Green Thickies (dot com) and the awesome gal who puts them together for all the world to try!

The Orange Julius smoothie drew my attention from the start. As a child, I loved me a classic "Strawberry Banana" from that place. They sure were creative with those drink titles, huh? Of course, Orange Julius did and does what most companies do, and decided to use a bazillion weird ingredients (that almost all come out of some kind of laboratory where people probably wear eye protection just incase there is an explosion from so many those-are-not-actually-food substances being mixed together for human consumption) that aren't super great to eat.


So to sip up this whole-food delight, made with the fruits that God Himself gave us as food, and immediately feel like I am a child again with Orange Julius in hand, was a real joy.

Please visit Katherine Natalia's Green Thickie website for the recipe. I usually consume the entire 2-serving portion but with only half the oats and I used 2 peeled oranges instead of orange juice.


But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment