February 1, 2013

Parsley and Polar Bears

These are a few of my favorite things. Hey, even with a weak pelvic floor after carrying a child inside of me for 9 months, running, walking up and down stairs, hopping, jumping and then birthing an eight pounder... sometimes you just need to get out of the house. Even if it is for a less than 10 minute walk around the neighborhood, pushing Santi in the stroller, fresh air feels lovely. So bundle up our little bear, I did, and off to the garage for our stroller, we go.


He isn't all too interested in our walks. I like to talk about what he is seeing, which is mainly houses and far away trees, but his grimace never seems to wipe off his face. Usually, the gliding of the stroller wheels and the cool breeze on his face as the rest of his body sinks into a warm, calm state, puts the little guy to sleep.


It's pretty hilly around this place, too, so for my body's sake I tend to take the walk inside and we do a few laps in the garage. This gives Santi a few more minutes of cat napping, and gives me a rest. I love movin' this body and I'm stoked for the day God permits me to go for a jog! All in His perfect timing, I trust. Even if that means I'm heading toward my 40th birthday and have 12 other kids. Muahaha :)

One of the -many- perks of exercise? How amazing food tastes afterward! Bring on the parsley smoothie - same one I posted the other day. So, so refreshingly delicious. One banana, one kiwi, a stalk of celery, a handful of parsley, a handful of greens - I used collard greens - half an apple, water and ice. Yeah boy! 


Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

May you find comfort in Christ this week! All He does is love us, give us grace, and comfort our hearts. He is amazing and deserves so much praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment