February 26, 2013

Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry with Cashews

Again, using garlic and onion -not in powdered, sad business form- is turning out to be so much fun in the kitchen! I am not used to having to mince garlic, so thankfully these past recipes have included a blender - no garlic smelling hands for me! As well as a food processor - I made lentil meatballs while putting together this dish and used that machine to mince the garlic and dice onion, saved me so much time!

This recipe, also courtesy of the inspiring Dreena Burton, was over the top. There was so much more broccoli than you will ever find served in a stir fry at a restaurant, and you could easily add more veggie variety: double or triple the bell pepper, carrots, bamboo shoots, mushroom, etc! The teriyaki sauce, ohhh sweet Caroline, that there teriyaki sauce gone and blown my taste buds' mind, consisted of:

1/3 cup Liquid Aminos
5 Garlic cloves
2.5 tsp Fresh ginger
2 plump, pitted Dates
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Sesame seeds, unhulled
1 tbsp cornstarch
Splash of water for blending.



The flavors consisted of: magic, delight, ginger-burning, garlic-breath and richness. This meal cost me probably less than $8 total, and it feeds three people easily, more if you add a few sides (grain, huge salad). I found there was nothing lacking even though I took out the agave and molasses, sesame oil and Tamari and substituted other ingredients, I also water sautéed my veggies, and dry-pan fries the tofu cubes, added no extra salt and marinated the tofu in just red wine vinegar.

I think it made it happier in our bellies and may have just changed mai liiiiife! The only thing I would change for next time, because there most positively will be a next time, is to half the Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce equivalent) since this dish be high in sodium and you sure can taste it! On this same day I made a loaded kale n' spinach salad with red cabbage, apple n sunflower seed dressing (sunflower seeds, balsamic vinegar, mustard, ancho chili powder, water, raisins - based off of this recipe!)



Here is Dreena's original recipe. Please make this. Please edit as needed. Please add more vegetables, and serve how you wish. Over buckwheat noodles? Sure. Atop steamy brown rice? Do it. On its own with an entire rosemary baguette on the side? Why not. Enjoy!


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)

I don't have to be like my old self. Better yet, I shouldn't be like my former self. Because since the day I gave my life to Christ and decided to live for Him and not for myself, asking Him to come into my life and wash away my sins, I am NEW! Praise God for a clean slate, for the ability to start fresh and live a purified life through Christ who cleanses me.

You can live this way, too. Christ was sent by His Father, the Creator of the world, to live among us and then die on the cross for the punishment of our sins. He died in our place, and rose again to LIFE - so that we could live eternally with Him after this life is over. We can be freed from the chains of a sinful life and be completely forgiven by Jesus Christ. Let's do it. Let's enjoy this new creation we have in Christ. The old has gone, the - beautiful, joyfilled, hopeful, promised - new is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment