March 29, 2013

Blueberry Smoothie

It was one of those days where I had purposefully pre-blended a couple smoothies for the work day. They sat in my fridge happily overnight in self-sealing jars (keeps the good flavors alive) and waited for me that morning. My silly insides told me, "no, of course we don't want those right now, give us something different, we want blueberries" so I listened. Goofy tummy.


 Into the blender went boat loads of fruit and out of a jar came a lovely serving of sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat. Crunch, crunch! This was one of the richest smoothies I have had in a long time, and I hope to keep it rotating in our line of smoothie consumption. Oh so good!

Blueberry Banana Smoothie
serves 1 hungry, hungry belly.

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 banana
1 handful greens (kale, spinach, collard greens)
1 cup nut milk or water
a few drops of vanilla
1/2 cup sprouted buckwheat, divided*

*half in the blender, half for sprinkling on top afterwards!

How to: Blend that business up!


Santi loves mirror. Mirror loves Santi.


Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV)

The one that is hitting me most right now: love endures all things. The annoyances, the frustrations, the let downs, the disappointments, the errors, the flaws, the disagreements, the mis-guiding, the lies, the unfairness, the pain, the sorrow, the agony. Love endures all of these things.

To endure: Suffer (something painful or difficult) patiently. Tolerate (someone or something).

Love suffers all painful and all difficult things. Love tolerates everyone, and everything. I pray that the Lord would continue to open my eyes to what my heart struggles to endure. I believe I am filed with His perfect love, so I am fully able to endure everything with His strength in me. Our God is so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment