March 22, 2013

Carrot Beet Orange Smothie

So beet root and so orange! I love this smoothie because it has not one but two vegetables in it! The color makes me happy, and the flavors mix so well together I just can't help but smile as I drink it. Unless I am in a hurry for work or something else is rushing me, in that case I am staring down, slurping as fast as a I can with a very serious, determined look... which usually isn't the case, woohoo! So I be smilin' and slurpin'.

Carrot Beet Orange what other plant food can I add to the title Smoothie
serves one
  • 1 medium gold beet, peeled and cut into pieces
  • 1 orange
  • 1 handful of baby carrots
  • 1 cup coconut water*
  • 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut**
  • ice, if desired (yes. do.)
Blend! Add a straw. Take its picture. Pour half the smoothie into a separate jar, add ice water to fill each jar, and find yourself with a drink that lasts twice as long as it was going to before you added the water. That's optional.

*you can simply use water
**you can omit shredded coconut, if you wish.



You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. (Deuteronomy 6:5 ESV)

To love God this way means everything in me needs to love Him.

To be constantly thanking Him: as I feed our gift, our blessing, Santi to sleep, as we rest in a warm bed that God provided for us, as Santi calls for a middle-of-the-night meal, as he happily eats, as my body is able to produce nutrient-loaded milk to feed him, as he falls back asleep peacefully, as I find my comfy bed again, as we are given strength by the Lord's Spirit to wake in the morning, as we breathe the life He once breathed into us, as we exercise the bodies He formed with His own hands, as we eat the food He planted and gifted us with, as we spend time with one another, as we grow, as we read the Bible He inspired believers to write.

To love God with all my heart, mind and soul is to always acknowledge what He has done and is doing in my life. To share the love that He has for all of us by loving each person that I meet, by smiling, by giving hope, by serving in any way I can. To love God fully is to not fall into the daily temptations of gossiping with others, of lying, of discouraging, of selfishness, greed, pride - but to call on Him when temptation taps me on the shoulder.

To love God this way is to strive to be like His Son, Jesus Christ, to the best of my ability. Depending on our Heavenly Father with each step I take, and praying for a humble heart. Knowing that everything I have and am able to do is from Him and because of Him. Without the Lord Jesus Christ, I am nothing. With Him, I am filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment