March 11, 2013

High Raw Vegan for a Day

Work gets busy sometimes. Leaving the desk to cut up an apple isn't always convenient at the time of hunger. Eating carrots while checking in patients and confirming their insurance isn't polite or the picture of good customer service. This brings me to: smoothies. Not 100% raw, since oats are processed. But 100% refreshing, filling, delicious, satisfying, nutrient-loaded, wonderful. Let's gander.


1/2 cup oats, soaked in the almond milk overnight. 2 bananas, 2 dates, 1/2 tsp vanilla, generous sprinkle of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, tablespoon of ground flaxseed, huge handful of torn up kale, 1/2 a lemon's juice, ice and a hint of water.


3/4 cup pineapple, 1 peeled orange, 1 banana, 1/2 cup soaked buckwheat (rinsed), water and ice to your fancy, handfuls of spinach and collard greens (2 cups)


4-5 romaine leaves, 1 apple, 2 bananas, 2 tbsp soaked chia seeds, water and ice.


yums. Yes, I ate the second I got home. Yes, I ate a banana and some walnuts before leaving the house. Yes, this baby is really fun to hang out with an when he lifts up his eyebrows it looks like he has a uni-brow. Love.



1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Ask why I am full of hope, joy, inner-peace. It is because the God of this world, our Creator, gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for my sins (and yours, too) and when I asked Him to come into my life and guide my steps, He entered my heart and started to change me day by day. I have a deep happiness that can only come from having a personal relationship with Christ. I feel a joy that cannot be effected by what the world throws my way (bump after bump, wall after wall, disappointment after disappointment). So when people ask me where this all comes from, I need to be ready to share that Jesus is Lord, He has come to save us all, and I have accepted this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment