March 19, 2013

Veggie Bolognese, Zucchini Pasta

When I saw this recipe I couldn't stop imagining how amazing it was going to taste. I love how easy it was to throw each ingredient (or two) into the food processor and then empty the minced vegetable into a big pot. Let it simmer, simmer, simmer some more and in 45 minutes you will have yourself a very hearty, filling, rich pasta sauce. I served it over quinoa and zucchini noodles. I ate spoonfuls of it cold the next day. I gave some to my family members. I wish I had some sitting in front of me every night around 10:00pm while I feed our 6-month-old peanut, Santi. Both of those are lies. I wouldn't be able to eat this at 10:00pm, because I would have yummy smoothie digesting in my belly already. And, normally Santi is asleep by 10:00pm, so I'm not feeding him then.

It's all lies.

This recipe is not lies. It's life changing. Oh, Chef Amber Shea, what would my sad quinoa and zucchini noodles do without you? Cry themselves to sleep, that's what they would do.




No comments:

Post a Comment