April 19, 2013

BBQ Seitan Casserole

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Galatians 4:6

I have really loved reading Galatians lately. I am following a plan from the ladies over at She Reads Truth on my phone's bible app, if anyone is interested! It's very uplifting, the tone of the writers is like listening to a friend, and it's easy to meditate on God's Word daily with this tool. I recommend it! 

This verse makes me feel special, and I hope it makes you feel the same. Paul is talking about how we have been adopted as sons (and daughters) of God. He is our Father - not just our King. He is both. We can run to Him when we are sad, we ask Him for advice and He gives the best, we sing praises to His name and can jump for joy in His presence. We share everything together, the ups and downs, the triumphs and trials. He is the perfect father figure we could ever imagine and He calls us to Him daily.

It makes me think of how I would feel as a parent if my child ignored me, pushed me aside, and even hated me. We are all God's children, He formed each and every one of us. And if we are deciding not to follow Him, for whatever reason, we are a child turning our back away from our Father. On this earth many people have good reason to leave their worldly father's presence and decide not to have him be a part of their life. but with God, He has done nothing but good to us and we have no reason to treat Him the way we (usually) do.

Run to your Father. He is always there with open arms.


BBQ Seitan Casserole
serves 4
inspired by Post Punk Kitchen
it's more like a stir fry thrown atop quinoa and plopped into a casserole dish, but no mind the details.

 
You need
2 cups of seitan-cubed, I make my own
2 cups broccoli florets
2 large zucchini
1 bell pepper
1/2 cup cabbage
1.5 cups cooked quinoa 

your favorite BBQ sauce or:
2 dates
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp Liquid Aminos
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp mustard or dijon
1 serrano chili pepper
 *blend until creamy goodness appears

Do it this way
Dice all your vegetables about the same bite-sized pieces as your seitan. Throw everything in a big pan on medium heat with a splash or 3 of water or vegetable stock. Sautee for just a few minutes, then add your BBQ sauce. Mix and mix and let that baby cook! I then cover the pan and let it simmer until most of the sauce has been eaten by the vegetables and seitan. Grab your cooked quinoa (preferably not with your hands) and cover the bottom of the casserole dish. Add BBQ veg and seitan on top and mix a little with a spoon. EAT. or hey, you could bake it I s'pose, so it really seems like a casserole.


No comments:

Post a Comment