April 22, 2013

Cilantro Pear Smoothie

But HE was wounded for our transgressions; HE was crushed for our iniquities; upon HIM was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with HIS stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on HIM the iniquity of us all. (Isaiah 53:5, 6 ESV)
So undeserving, so thankful. How is He such a compassionate God for the lost? It's clear, it's written in the simplest form: WE like sheep have gone ASTRAY; WE have TURNED - every one - to his own way.

We have decided not to believe in our Creator, to turn our backs on Him constantly and do everything for our own glory and pleasure. We ignore His existence, we deny His power, and we hate what He has let this world become.

And yet... The Lord has laid on JESUS the iniquity of us all. He hasn't punished us, cast us out of His presence or stopped loving us. Instead, He saw how much we need a Savior, a second chance, so He sent His Son to suffer the death that we should suffer.

By His blood on the cross, we are healed.

It's amazing. I am in awe of God's love for us all. My heart aches for those sheep that are still lost, and I pray that His message of salvation and grace is heard.


Cilantro Pear Smoothie!
serves one

Cilantro used to be my favorite. I would toss a huge handful atop a pot of chili beans before the 20-30 minute simmer and end up with a very flavorful bowl of goodness. Then recently I read about how good cilantro is for wiping out heavy metals from our bodies, and I was sold on the green leaf. The issue then came about that I stopped enjoying the flavor and almost felt a little grossed out by it. It's a strong smelling fella, I kid you not, and I'm sure you already know. I started mincing it and placing it on salads, made a pico de gallo with the leaves (with tomato, and serrano chili) and tried adding it to an avocado smoothie. Each time I felt like I was forcing myself to eat a gross vitamin. Le sigh.

Then I found the solution. BANANAS!

 
Again with the eating-same-food-groups-for-superb-digestion or at-least-something-better-than-my-crazy-digestion-now I am eating breakfasts of one or two types of fruit with greens. So this is my banana creation. I fancy. You fancy?

Go find and peel
5-7 bananas
3 medium collard leaves
1/2 bunch cilantro
2 cups water w/ice cubes

Blend.  

Call it breakfast. Side note: I also have had this same smoothie with parsley instead of cilantro, and with a few more collard leaves and zero cilantro. I try to just do one fruit and one green to keep the flavors simple and delicioooouuuusssss. My days of parsley + cilantro + spinach + kale + collards + cocoa powder = no more. That's expensive, yo! Keep it simple. Your blender will probably be happier, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment