April 8, 2013

Drink Your Meals

You're bound to see this a lot on the blog: smoothie mania. You see, I was inspired by a few awesome people and I haven't looked back since. It's a tasty way to get in plenty of fruits and vegetables, my body agrees with it, and I feel strangely energetic for having very little sleep (unless I am sitting with a sleeping baby in a room with white noise and piano music filling my every thought, then I'm an exhausted, sleep-craving mama.)

So here's a round-up of last Saturday's work day. I always bring a bag full of carrots to munch on, a few smoothies and then head home for a cooked meal at the end of the day. Without further adieu:

One! Parsley (one handful with stems), pineapple (a healing cup), apple (one, sliced), spinach (1-2 handfuls), water (1-2 cups until consistency is to your liking) and ice!

Two! Strawberries (4), bananas (2), mint leaves (1/4 cup), almond milk (1/2 cup), water (1/2 cup), ice

Three! Bananas (2), dandelion greens (handful), collard greens (2 big ones), vanilla (1tsp), almond butter (2 tbsp), cinnamon (hefty dash), nutmeg (a pinch), sprouted buckwheat (half cup), ice

Four! Beets (1/2 a small one), orange (1), frozen cherries (5), shredded coconut (1/4 cup), coconut water (1 cup), water (1 cup), ice



In other news... Santi is big enough for should rides! Well, it still makes us nervous so we are very cautious, and he has no choice but to dig his mouth into a thick head of hair, but goodness me he looks like a cute little bug in the grass - so we can't get enough.


For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. (1 Thessalonians 5:5 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. What does big enough mean? Is there a requirement for shoulder rides? My son is smaller(less than 20lbs) and I have been doing shoulder rides with him, now I am concerned.

    please share! Santi is so cute. My son is probably 3 weeks younger than him :)

    -Raina

    ReplyDelete