April 21, 2013

Guacamole Lettuce Wrap with Garbanzos

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:25-26

I love the thought of walking by the Spirit. A constant source of strength, one we can depend on and not grow weary. A constant comfort, one that never leaves us and always satisfies. A protector, walking beside us, filling us to the brim with His goodness. Verse 26 hits a little harder, tugs on my heart and almost hits me in the face. Am I doing these things? Of course I am. I fall to one, if not all, of these things on a daily basis. It may be in small, or it may saturate my entire being some days. So I pray, and I pray hard: let me not become conceited, provoking or full of envy. Easier said than done, but prayer is the first step.

The beautiful thing is that if we strive to live and walk by the Spirit - conceit, provoking and envy won't be part of us. Our focus is directed completely away from ourselves and onto our Lord and His calling for us. Live by His Spirit, walk by His Spirit.

In love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (see Galatians 5:22-23)



Guacamole Lettuce Wrap with Garbanzos
This meal was so. so. good. There was creaminess involved. Crispy greens. Spicy salsa. Pop-in-your-mouth wonderful garbanzos. so. so. good.
Serves one.


Ingredients
1 cup cooked garbanzos
1/2 an avocado
1 zucchini
1/2 green bell pepper 
salsa, as much as you like
5 lettuce leaves, I used red leaf - the outer leaves are huge!

How to
Mash your avocado in a medium sized bowl, add the salsa and veggies and mix it up real good. Toss in your garbanzos and move 'em around to coat, but try not to crush them (or crush them, if that's your preference). Place spoonful after spoonful on a washed piece of green lettuce, and top with extra salsa. Consume. Have a napkin or four nearby. Share with loved ones. Eat it again tomorrow.

PS
I ate mine with a plateful of cooked carrots and broccoli, as well as a kale salad with a walnut sunflower seed dressing. and it was well with my tummy. If this doesn't fill you up, just increase your vegetable volume until satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment