April 24, 2013

Lime, Orange, Collards

 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)

I find so much comfort in this verse. It makes me say, "ahh" a deep sigh of relief. When this world is constantly changing, the rules aren't what they were 20 years ago, and new anxieties pop up on a daily basis, it's awesome to know that my Savior does not change

Jesus always loves. He always will, always has. He did yesterday, He does today, He will tomorrow. He is always with us. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. He is always blessing us. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Enjoy this promise, and when the world throws you a handful of inconsistency, I pray you find hope in Hebrews 13:8. We have a consistent, never-changing God that loves us.
 

It's a new fact for me: smoothies are easier, tastier, and make my belly happier than any other breakfast. It's a good thing the heat is on its way to the great Northwest, otherwise I'd have to start wearing winter jackets in the house and mittens would often be found on my hands.


There are very little rules when it comes to smoothies. You can truly toss as many foods into a blender and have it work. Measuring isn't necessary in most cases and you always end up with a large quantity of vitamins, minerals and hydrating feel-goods in a jar.


People may stare. If you consume your smoothie in public, you will get asked questions by those around you. Depending on the color of the smoothie, you may receive strange looks as well. Be ready to give them the list of ingredients always because they will ask. Smile and re-assure the doubter that it tastes fabulous but also expect them to still look at you as if you're crazy. Expect this especially if your smoothie is green. Just keep smiling. Just keep slurping.


Lime, Orange, Collards

serves one.

Contains:
  • the juice of 4 limes
  • 2 oranges, peeled
  • 4 big collard leaves
  • 2 cups water
  • handful of ice cubes
Do it this way:
     Blend them all, adding more water as needed. Makes two 34-oz jars, but mainly because of the large amount of water I add because I like this smoothie more like juice and less like thick craziness that can't make its way up my straw into my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment