April 6, 2013

Mint Strawberry Banana Smoothie

This one was new for me. I have been wanting to use fresh mint in a recipe for quite some time now, and didn't know where to turn for guidance. I stumbled upon a few mint salads (mint and watermelon, mint with quinoa and cold veggies) and found a few sweet treats (mint extract and chocolate, mint and lime pie) but never really felt a tug on my taste buds' heart to go for it.

Until I found this recipe



I quickly decided to make a few changes since I wasn't in the mood to use 8 bananas and half a case of oranges. Although I can imagine their rendition tasting incredibly good - we aren't in Florida and them citrus fruits don't grow on trees here! Otherwise I am all for a smoothie that requires the juice of eight oranges - so go on, give it a try.



Why, hello banana strawberry mint bonanza in a glass, how do you do?

Minty Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Serves one

2 bananas, fresh or frozen
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 lemon, peeled
1/3 cup mint leaves
1-2 cups water
Unsweetened, shredded coconut for garnish

Blend that beauty. 


Our munchkin is almost 7 months old. Every day is a gift. Every smile melts our insides. Every nap in our arms reminds us of how complex God formed his skin, his eyebrows that look just like his papa's, his little lips, his round nose. I am in awe of the work of our Creator's hands. 

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 ESV


1 comment: