April 17, 2013

Orange n' Berries Smoothie

My little children, for whom I am in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you! Galatians 4:19

This verse really hit me. Maybe because I gave birth. Maybe I know what type of anguish it entails. Maybe Paul really hit the mark when he made this statement. Paul's heart for this group of people was unmistakably compassionate. He longed for them to know Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. The pain in him was compared to giving birth - and if you have done this, even if you haven't, you know that there is pain involved. So it hit me...

Do I feel this way about those that do not yet know Jesus as their King? How much does my heart ache when I think about the lost sheep that ignore Him? I feel like this blog is an outlet God has guided me to be consistent with, so that I could share a little bit of my faith and plant some seeds. Reading about how Paul felt about the unsaved reminded me of how important it is to share the good news, to be a friend to all and to shine for our God - so that the whole world may hear and know the promise of Salvation.

for whom I am in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you.



Orange n' Berries Smoothie
serves one.
I have been switching things up in the smoothie department. I decided to stop adding vegetables to these guys, except greens, and focus on the same fruit groups in one jar. Example: bananas and figs, dates, or prunes = sweet fruits. Apple, pear and kiwi = sub-acid fruits. This time: pineapple, orange and berries ~ the acid fruits. Let's do this


You need
1 1/2 cups pineapple
2 oranges
1/2 cup frozen berries
2 lemon's juices
1 handful spinach, optional
1-2 cups water

Do this
Throw everything in the blender, berries and spinach last since they won't help the blending process much if they are the first thing touching the blade, and add more (or less) water depending on the consistency you like. I like to start with a cup or so, then pour the smoothie in jars and add water to the jars from there.

This is so good. I serve this smoothie with a couple oranges, mandarins, or more diced pineapple and call it lunch. So much tropical flavor in my mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment