April 20, 2013

Sunflower Ricotta n Pesto Pizza

I'd like to take a moment to thank a very special blogger, Kathy. I have dabbled in dozens of her recipes and have yet to be disappointed. This certain recipe you're above to gaze upon has happened a few times in my life (count: about 4?) and I've made small changes each time. I believe we have a winner this time, friends. You see, the original recipe calls for cashews - but who doesn't feel like buying cashews all the time at $10/lb? 'Tis me, thy cheap one. So I use cashews' less-expensive cousin: the sunflower seed.

Brilliant?! My wallet thinks so!

Write this down.

pizza dough - make your own. mine is [3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup warm water, 1 Tbsp yeast, 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed and extra ground flax for sprinkling/to prevent sticking to pan].

pizza sauce - make your own. mine is Bionaturae organic tomato puree, seasoning, garlic and red pepper flakes *simmer* and apply on pizza dough.

sunflower seed ricotta
1 cup raw, soaked sunflower seeds
1 lemon's juice
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
pepper to taste

blend!

sunflower seed pesto
1 cup packed basil leaves
2 big kale leaves (or collards, spinach - 1 cup or so, torn)
1/2 lemon's juice
1 cup sunflower seeds
pepper to taste
water to blend

blend!


For the pizza instructions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, all I do is roll out the crust on some ground flaxseed on a big piece of parchment paper (instead of the counter), it's my version of cornmeal or flour sticking-prevention. Then I transfer the crust onto a hole-covered pizza pan. From there I apply an even amount of pizza sauce, then dollop on spoonfuls of the ricotta, then pesto. I sprinkle the bad boy with red pepper flakes and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden edges are present all over that beauty. Serve with salad to fill you up joyfully. Or, you know, whatever your go-to pizza companion may be. Enjoy!


I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 ESV)

I have been crucified with Christ. My sins were on His shoulders that day, He died for our sake, and the moment He rose from the dead, we were all was given the gift of having a clean slate.

To be crucified with Christ means I die to the person I used to be, the person this world pulls at me to be. One who loves success, to boast in their actions, to feel loved and respected by all. My joy does not come from this world, but from my Lord and the salvation He has given me. Nothing that this world offers with satisfied my old self, it all left me empty and weak, on a constant hunt for something greater than what I could find. Then there is Jesus. Completely satisfying, fills me daily with the promises found in His holy book, holds my hand and guides my steps, has a place for me in eternity when this life is over, and loves me with a deep, rich love I can hardly comprehend!

I'll end with this, from Got Questions' website. It's so clear!

"Many Christians want to be obedient but continue to stumble in sin because they try to hang onto parts of the old self they think they are able to control. This is a self-defeating rationale that relies on the idea that man saves himself by his own works. The Bible teaches us that nothing a man does can save his soul, and salvation is only by the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8-9). Through this gift of grace, man can be born again and given a new nature to replace the old sinful self. He must be born again if he is ever to see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and if he is to be born again, his sinful nature must be crucified with Christ and filled with the Holy Spirit of God."


No comments:

Post a Comment