May 10, 2013

Citrus Breakfast, Berry Baby

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. Colossians 3.12, 13

I love feeling that powerful statement, "as God's chosen ones" and what we should be seeking because we are HIS:
  • Holy and beloved, compassionate hearts
  • Kindness
  • Humility
  • Meekness (righteous, humble)
  • Patience
  • Bear one another
  • Forgive as we have been forgiven!
Then comes the beautiful truth that follows: love wins,

"And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Verse 14

Love brings it all together always. God loved us, gave us His Son. Christ died for us, loving those around and trusting and loving His Heavenly Father. We are called to love one another in all we do. Love binds everything together in perfect harmony. Blessed be the name of our loving Lord!



Life in the food world is pretty different for me these days, and I love it. I'm sticking to all-fruit meals for breakfast and lunch, while eating a cooked meal in the evening. I've also stopped my fruit desserts, so my cooked meal has more time to digest fully and I don't go to sleep with a heavy gut. This is all for the sake of happier digestion, based off of food combining charts like this one. It's going so well so far! My breakfast is usually bananas, followed a banana/green leaf smoothie. Then lunchtime I stick to acid fruits: pineapple, mandarins, and oranges, with greens like spinach or collards in a smoothie. I really enjoy eating this way it makes so much sense to me! Why eat a snack of carrots followed by some orange slices when carrots take 1-2 hours to digest and oranges take 30-60 minutes? By doing that, my insides had to digest two foods eaten at the same time in weird order, which causes bloating, gas and icky tummy feelings.

Ah, alas, the days of bad digestion and discomfort before bed are over!


Smoothie: 1 cup pineapple, 2 oranges, 1 lemon and 2 cups of water. Delicious and super refreshing. Meanwhile... in Santiago's world, we introduce frozen blueberries instead of thawed. He loved them! I gave him one bloob at a time and he thought it felt so funny in his mouth frozen (or so his facial expression said) but kept on grabbing for more each time he swallowed them. Frozen blueberries it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment