May 21, 2013

Eating Plants

looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

"For the joy that was set before Him..." suffered. Christ died for us, because He could foresee the JOY that would come from it. The lost sheep (us sinners) that would return to their loving shepherd (Jesus), the broken hearted that would feel whole once forgiven and gifted with salvation, the hopeless that find hope in the Lord's promises. Christ unmistakably endured the torturing, nailing to the cross and death for our sake. By God's amazing power and love, His Son then awoke from His death and ascending up to heaven to be with His Father. Our Savior lives. Our King loves us deeply and finds JOY in each person that is redeemed in His name!


This photo was taken probably over a month ago, but it warms my heart so I had to pull it out of the Santiago James photo archives circa long time ago. The fact that he looked straight up at me and shot me a grin out of nowhere is such a blessing. Both happy babies and sad babies are a gift from the Lord, but a smiley baby is an over-the-top blessing, must say.

Do you like how uncreative the post title is today? For lack of a better way to theme this post, I just went with the basics! I like plants, you like plants, so let's just look at an easy way to eat them. For breakfast one day, I decided not to throw everything in a blender like I usually do, and actually use a fork. A fork? During breakfast? Who am I?! I know, I know, chill out. I actually love eating fruit in its whole form as if my blender didn't exist and wasn't the king of my kitchen, honest! Down into my belly went this lovely array of orange, pineapple and kiwi pieces. Oh so refreshing and juicy!


A recent dinner went this way: Sweet n' sticky pineapple and vegetables with brown rice (recipe from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan here), spinach leaves topped with a hefty spoonful of parsley pesto (parlsey, raw sunflower seeds, a splash or four of water, lemon juice) and steamed vegetables. Fun to eat, 'cause you have to take your time with it - I was originally thinking of putting the pesto directly on the greens and then the vegetables on top of that, but last minute lifted up one spinach leaf, covered it in pesto and nicely placed a carrot and cabbage piece on top of that. Bite for bite, savored and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment